July 25, 2006

Jill Greenberg & Dostoiewsky

Jill Greenberg: “The children I photographed were not harmed in any way. And, as a mother, I am quite aware of how easily toddlers can cry. Storms of grief sweep across their features without warning; a joyful smile can dissolve into a grimace of despair. The first little boy I shot, Liam, suddenly became hysterically upset. It reminded me of helplessness and anger I feel about our current political and social situation. (...) It’s as if they believe the apocalyptic End Time is near, therefore protecting the earth and future of our children is futile. As a parent I have to reckon with the knowledge that our children will suffer for the mistakes our government is making. Their pain is a precursor of what is to come.” Greenberg encuentra razones teológicas (y por lo tanto, irrefutables) en la argumentación de algunos gobiernos.

Algún personaje de Dostoiewski pensó ya que el sufrimiento de los niños era suficiente prueba de la inexistencia de Dios.

2 comments:

Tormentas said...

sé que greenaway decidió escribir el bebé de macon cuando vio cómo un anuncio de jugos explotaba la inocencia y la ternura de un bebé

Anonymous said...

me gustaria conseguir las 27 fotos de estos niños, alguien sabe si las ha publicado en un libro o las piensa publicar. Gracias

Visitors