June 14, 2011

From Dostoevsky to Megan Fox


I tried to read Los detectives salvajes some years ago, and didn't succeed, I just didn't like it.

A friend of mine recommended me Estrella distante, which I read yesterday in the plane. The last pages of the first chapter are a masterpiece (!) which I would compare to the seventh chapter of Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment. I cannot remember such an adrenaline and perfect guidance through the mind and feelings of a person about to commit a crime as when I read Dostoevsky, except yesterday, thanks to Bolaño.

Only a Lithuanian girl sitting next to me managed to distract me from the book when she started scratching herself and showed me a tattoo, sort of three Adidas-lines, which reminded me of Megan Fox' Brian-tattoo... A distant star!

No comments:

Visitors